Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
It is summer once again and during this sun stricken season of the year juicy watermelons are quite abundant. This tasty thirst quenching fruit offers beneficial health benefits like;
1. Watermelon is rich in potent carotene antioxidant called lycopene that is found most in red colored fruits. Studies show that lycopene reduces the risk of prostate cancer and heart disease. And watermelon is the only fruit that contains higher concentration of lycopene that any other fresh fruit or vegetable.
2. Rich in B vitamins necessary for energy production. A very good source of vitamin B6 and B1. Studied shows that Vitamin B6 promotes chemicals in the brain that help people cope with anxiety and panic.
3. Not only oranges are rich in vitamin C, watermelons too. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and as well as vitamin A.
4. A good source of potassium. Magnesium and thiamin, which protect our body from many diseases.
5. And lastly, watermelon is a fat free energy booster red fruit.
These are some of the health benefits of watermelon that I have read in the web that are worth sharing.
Happy Ruby Tuesday!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Banana belongs in the genus of Musa from the Musaceae family and are native in tropical countries in Southeast Asia. It is the largest herbaceous flowering plant.
The banana fruit offers numerous health benefits and some of them are the following:
Anemia - This common blood disorder that decreases the normal blood red blood cells can be prevented by consuming fruit/food that are rich in iron. And banana is relatively has high iron content which will help stimulate the growth of hemoglobin in the body.
Blood Pressure – Bananas being quite high in potassium yet very low in sodium can help reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
Ulcers – one of the few foods that an ulcer patient can eat without suffering pain is banana. It helps reduce acidity and reduces irritation.
Constipation – Bananas has fiber contents therefore can help restore normal bowel movement.
Smoking – Because of the vitamins content of bananas like B6 and B12, as well as potassium and magnesium the substances that help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal, bananas can sure help those who are willing to quit smoking.
Depression – Bananas contain tryptophan, a mood leveling protein and vitamin B in bananas can help calm the nervous system and can improve your mood.
And finally, since bananas consist mainly of sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber, thus it is a very good source of energy.
So start your day with a banana.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
We can't explain the pain we felt what more for his parents, Mia who carried the child for nine months.
It was so painful and we grieved too for their lost.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Hmmm decided to repost it here because it does qualify as a perfect entry for color carnival.
Here it is hope you like it...