November was a very demanding yet exciting month for us. There are a lot of things had transpired the past month and I can’t help but be thankful of the following that I can think of;
1. Time. It was the day to remember our departed love ones. Hubby and I are thankful for the time, because we were able to travel to his hometown safely and visited his parents’ graves.
3. Crafts. I thank God for giving me a pair of hands that can create crafts easily with the help of some tutorials online. I was able to do DIYs for the bee-girl’s 1st birthday and later on the go for my handcrafted jewelry projects.
4. Star. On his younger sister’s birthday, X brought home a star on the back of his hand. His reward for being very good in the class which he seldom does, then brought another star three days later.
5. Beach. A day after X’s birthday, the family went to the nearby beach. A much needed salt water dip for the kids and I after suffering from cough and colds.
6. Milestone. While having breakfast on the 17th, our little girl finally knows how to clap her hands. Babies meet their milestones in different pace, she probably was late to learn how to clap, and it’s okay as long as she was able to do it.
|Exactly 20 minutes walk!|
7. Exercise. The car needed a check-up because of the vibration observed, thus, I have no choice but to take a public transport going to the office and vice versa. Unlike in the morning, taking the jeepney is too hard, usually already full of passengers, thus, I decided to walk my way home from the highway crossing that took me 20 minutes to reach the house. By doing so, I actually hit two birds at the same time. I was able to save a few pennies and had an instant 20 minute exercise. Cool!
8. Neighbor. Two minutes after arriving at the office on the 19th, my cell phone rang and on the line was our concerned neighbor, who saw the sparking/burning of the service drop wire in front of our house. He told me about the event and that he already told our two house help at home (with the kids) to switch off the main breaker. I reported the incident to the local electric utility and later in the morning they fixed it. I thank God for keeping my family safe by sending us a concerned neighbor.
9. Gift Card. Shopping for a wedding gift is too difficult these days, you’ll never know if the newlywed can actually use them. Thank goodness there are already available gift cards that we can buy and send it as a gift instead.
|This hubby and I + 2 of our office mates gift to the couple|
10. Wedding. Saturday the 22nd! Hubby and I already cleared this day solely to attend the wedding of my officemate happening in Iligan City in the afternoon. Because I was busy at work + I have no car the past days, I wasn’t able to have my anticipated manicure and pedicure. My nails looked so awful that I have to rush to my favorite salon for a quick nail fix and at the same time have my hair ironed in the morning. By noon time, we headed to Iligan City to catch the 3pm wedding ceremony. The unpleasant story after can be read here.
11. WeChat. Communicating with my supplier in Metro Manila is made easy because of the application. We can chat and send pictures to further clarify and be specific with the items ordered and sent.
12. Bonus. It’s already the end of the year on the 28th, the last Friday of the month our 1 month bonus was already credited to our ATM accounts. As much as we wanted to spend our bonuses, hubby and I can’t do that because they are already married and will directly be deposited to our other account to pay for our lot loan amortization.
That’s it! Those are the 12 things that not only me, but hubby as well are very thankful for. Aside from those listed above,I am always thankful to our Lord God for the every day of our life. For our kids, who are special and beautiful in many ways, for my husband, the father of my kids who always stand as our strength, for our job that brings food to our table, to the people around us, our family and our two house help for taking care of your children during times we are at work. Our everyday life is made easy because of the people around us and of course with the guidance and graces from our Heavenly God.